- is responsible for the development and preparation of proposals of conceptual and strategic materials within the competence and specialization of Library of Antonin Svehla (Knihovna Antonína Švehly, hereinafter the “KAS“);
- is responsible for the proper functioning and operations of the KAS, and for the performance of its functions in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Library Act;
- deals with national and international projects, thematic tasks, extraordinary and operational tasks in the area of specialized library, information, advisory and educational services;
- is responsible for incorporating the educational objectives of the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) sector into educational projects;
- based on authorization by the MoA, it is responsible for implementing the current version of the Directive on accreditation of consultants and their registration in the Register of consultants accredited by the Ministry of Agriculture, and participates in the development of strategic and conceptual materials of the departmental advisory system;
- is responsible for the editorial and publishing activities of the professional journal called Zemědělská Pôdohospodárska škola (Agricultural Farming School) published by the IAEI.
The department consists of the following units: